Just the hits.
To: Attention Artisan Advocates, Craft Culture Enthusiast.
From: Boulder Lifestyle X Denver Flea
Cue the (good) Christmas music and finish up your naughty and nice lists—it’s time to shop, drink and be merry all in one place. At Denver’s historical Union Station. As you can imagine, we’re fleaking out that there’s a one-stop shop to support local, small businesses. That’s what our publication is all about.
Starting on Black Friday, there will be 100s of Colorado’s best makers and artisan brands (including 50+ new vendors) packing the Plaza for four weekends in a row.
We’ll help you get started with our exclusive Holiday Hit List so you can cross out all the folks you have on your mind this year…
Just A Note
For those looking for a classic holiday gift. Here are Grandma’s picks…
“I’m firm believer that nice matters and that a hand-written note will never go out of style. There’s a reason that the giving and receiving of holiday cards is such a beloved tradition. It’s the perfect time of year to connect with the people you hold dear and a thoughtful card is so warm and personal. Stationery also makes for a great holiday gift: find some that fits your recipients personality and every time they write on it they’ll think of you.” -Lana Effron, Owner Lana’s Shop
1. Exclusive Reindeer Wrapping Kit – $12.00, Lana’s Shop, LanasShop.com, @lanasshop
2. Joy Card – $5.00, Lana’s Shop, LanasShop.com, @lanasshop
3. Weird Family – $5.00, Power and Light Press, PowerAndLightPress.com, @powerandlightpress
4. Holiday Wish, Letterpress Card, WW1201 – $5.99, Wolf and Wren Press, WolfAndWren.com, @wolfwren
5. Holiday Can, Letterpress Card, WW-1270 – $5.99, Wolf and Wren Press, WolfAndWren.com, @wolfwren
6. Tis The Ski-Son – $5.00, Thatcher Cook Designs, ThatcherCookDesigns.com, @thatchercookdesigns
7. Seasonings Greeting – $4.50, Mountain vs Plains, MountainvsPlains.com, @mountainvsplains
Whispering sweet somethings in someone’s ear? We all know the true way to a lover’s heart is through their stomach.
“Helliemae’s means retro treats with a twist—our caramels and sauces are all about nostalgia, wrapped up in colorful packaging with a vintage flair. So much of what makes the holiday season special is memory: remembering past gatherings with family and friends, and making new traditions together.” -Ellen Daehnick, Founder Helliemae’s Caramels
1. Whiskey Love Bomb Caramels – $16 (medium), Helliemae’s Caramels, SaltCaramels.com, @helliemaes
2. Candy Cane Caramel Sauce – $15, Helliemae’s Caramels, SaltCaramels.com, @helliemaes
3. Propolis Honey – $19, Bjorn’s Colorado Honey, BjornsColoradoHoney.com, @bjorns_co_honey
4. Cinnamon Infused or Vanilla Infused Maple Syrup – $20, Syrupology, SyrupologyCo.com, @syrupology
5. Original Turmeric Latte Mix 30-Serving Standup Pouch – $30, Golden Root, GoldenRoot.co, @golden.root (Photo: Taylor Powers Photography)
6. Mexican Drinking Chocolate – $12ea or 2 for $20, Cultura Chocolate, CulturaChocolate.com, @culturacraftchocolate
7. 12 pc Winter Bon Bon Collection – $28, M2 Confections, M2Confections.Etsy.com, @m2_confections
For Your Homies
Get something homey for your homie.
“There is so much you can know about someone by simply entering their home—and we believe that what you hang on your walls should be a reflection of what inspires you. In particular, we love how prints can be an incredibly thoughtful gift—both serving to invoke memories, as well as inspire dreaming. Your surroundings should reflect, inspire, and motivate your passions—and what better place to do that than your home.” -Nathan & Kait Downey, Owners Wanderwide
1. The 14ers Register Print – $59 includes Print + Custom Stamp/Ink Pad (Framed Available for $129-$199), Wanderwide, Wanderwide.co, @wanderwide.art
2. Moon Mobile – $210, Blade and Knoll, BladeAndKnoll.com, @bladeandknoll
3. Rialto Cutting Board – $220, Blade and Knoll, BladeAndKnoll.com, @bladeandknoll
4. Recycled Glass Crooked Wine Glass – $24.95 per glass or $79.95 for a set of 4, Zeal Living, Zeal-Living.com, @zealliving
5. Forest Botanical Reed Diffuser – $58, Rosy Rings, RosyRings.com, @rosyrings
6. Trail of the Great King (limited edition print) – 16 x 20 $129; 24 x 30 $249, Dolan Geiman, DolanGeiman.com, @dolangeiman
7. Wooden Skimmer Spoon – $18, TRI Vintage + Wares, Shop-Tri.com, @trivintage
The Coloradan Code
Native or transplant, we all live here for the same reason—nature at our fingertips. Here are some local gifts we recommend because as any outdoor enthusiast knows, you can never be too prepared.
“Whether you are living in the city or the high mountains, Coloradans experience the outdoors every day. A gift tailored to the outdoors is ideal for this lifestyle because we need items to be practical in a diverse variety of environments. So whether you are jogging through City Park or socializing at a Pearl Street café a gift tailored to the outdoors is a Coloradan’s ideal surprise.” -Jeremy Dougherty, Founder Maroon Bell Outdoor
1. Ribbed Knit Wool Beanies – $29, Maroon Bell Outdoor, MaroonBell.com, @maroonbelloutdoor
2. Buffalo Leather Gloves – $65, Maroon Bell Outdoor, MaroonBell.com, @maroonbelloutdoor
3. Klettersack – $169-$189, Topo Designs, TopoDesigns.com, @topodesigns
4. Mountain Jacket – $349, Topo Designs, TopoDesigns.com, @topodesigns
5. “Resilient” Mellivora Leggings – $74 online; $70 at Denver Flea, Mellivora, Mellivoraco.com, @mellivoraco
6. Fly Reel Case (medium size featured in photo) – $175, Last Exit Goods, LastExitGoods.com, @lastexitusa
7. Carry-On Flask – $299, Last Exit Goods, LastExitGoods.com, @lastexitusa
8. Key Tags – $7.95, Treklight Gear, TreklightGear.com, @treklightgear
All About Me, Baby
The guest of honor for our gift guide, the main event. The littles who bring new life and magic to the holidays.
“The most magical part about the holiday season is the sparkle that reflects in a child’s eyes as they look up at the holiday lights for the first time. It’s a gift to adults to pause and watch these moments. It’s a lovely gift to give children’s clothing with unique designs that are inspired by the joy, laughter and love of babies and their families throughout the year, especially during the holiday season.” -Maggie Fagundo-Harmier, Founder Urban Baby Co
1. “I Believe” Santa Organic Onesie – $27, Urban Baby Co, UrbanBabyCo.com, @urbanbabyco
2. “Bae Bee” Organic Onesie – $27, Urban Baby Co, UrbanBabyCo.com, @urbanbabyco
3. Art Prints – 8×10 $22; 11×14 prints $28, Kimothy Joy, KimothyJoy.com, @kimothy.joy
4. Journey to Cloud City, A Create-Your-Own Adventure Book with Nature-Based Activities for Problem-Solving and Teamwork – $14, Myra Makes, MyraMakes.com, @myramakes
5. Signature Gift Box for Mom + Baby in Pink Cars – $150.00, Bokk Baby, BokkBaby.com, @bokkbaby
6. Baby Blanket – $40, Bokk Baby, BokkBaby.com, @bokkbaby
7. “Nature Boy” Gift Set – $50, Bear and Bunny Co, BearAndBunnyCo.com, @bearandbunnyco
8. “Cloth Diapered Babe” Gift Set – $50, Bear and Bunny Co, BearAndBunnyCo.com, @bearandbunnyco
What: Union Station Holiday Market by Denver Flea
FRI NOV 23 – SUN NOV 25
FRI NOV 30 – SUN DEC 2
FRI DEC 7 – SUN DEC 9
FRI DEC 14 – SUN DEC 16
Where: Union Station!
How: Get tickets and check out the full list of vendors at DenverFlea.com. Use the code BOULDERLIFESTYLES to get 20% off your ticket.
That’s a Wrap