MADE WITH LOVE
An all-natural, do-it-yourself lipstick from kitchen herbalist and shopkeeper at Rebecca’s Apothecary, Rebecca Luna.
all supplies available at Rebecca’s Apothecary
+ Pigments or micas
+ Oil base (coconut oil, jojoba oil, infused olive oil)
+ Beeswax pearls
+ Wooden stirring stick
+ Heat safe measuring cup or jar
+ Measuring spoons
+ Lip balm tubes
- 1. Pick a color. (We picked Red Iron Oxide & Cloisonne Pink Mica.)
- 2. Measure 1 tablespoon of the oil base (we used jojoba oil) and ¼ teaspoon of color. Combine in measuring cup or jar and mix well together with the wooden stick.
- 3. Add a rounded teaspoon of beeswax pearls to the mixture, stir well again. (Add more or less to make your lipstick harder or softer.)
- 4. Place measuring cup in a saucepan filled with room temperature water. Heat on medium-high–continuously stirring as the beeswax melts into pigment–until the water simmers. Then, turn to low. Stir until all wax is melted.
- 5. Remove from heat (add 3-5 drops of essential oils, we used geranium) and dry the outside of the measuring cup. Pour at eye level into lip balm containers. Let the lipstick dry without the lid for fifteen minutes; then it will be ready to rock!
+ Make sure your utensils are clean and dry throughout the entire process! You don’t want water to be near your lipstick!
+ This is a base recipe. You can make the color lighter or darker, add vitamin e, play with mixing colors, etc.
If adding essential oil, add when off the heat.
Stir as you go.