I bet you’re expecting a pun. Now that we’ve fallen out of summer and into autumn (punderful), put your picnic basket in one hand and your pumpkin spice in the other because al fresco dining isn’t over yet. Sunny fall days are perfect for tailgates, tapas and toddies. All of this lies ahead before we cruise into the famed Colorado ski season.
Our favorite Boulder vendors supplied us with necessities for the perfect fall evening outdoors. The sun was setting on YaYa Orchard as we smoothed our blanket over the lush green grass surrounded by sprouting apple trees. A slight chill in the air made for a cozy hangout, and the hazy rays of the disappearing light over the Flatirons were reminiscent of one of Monet’s impressionist paintings.
Boulder is synonymous with beauty in all seasons, but this particular time of year is unrivaled. With the help of Will Frischkorn, owner of local favorite Cured, we came up with some must-check-out picnic areas. With our “Where to Picnic” suggestions, you’re primed and ready to make the most of this season of change before the snow hits.
| Don’t Forget |
- cushy blankets (and lots of them) | Pendleton Blankets | Atlas Valley Purveyors
- picnic bites & basket | Picnic Boxes | Cured
- flowers for your date | Floral Bouquet | Fawns Leap
- wine | Scarpetta Wine
- candles | Mason Jar Candles | Atlas Valley Purveyors
- something sweet | Mini Pies | The Long I Pie Shop