DIY Hop-Infused Wet & Dry Shampoos for Pups (& cats if you’re brave)
Homemade Hops-Infused Dog Shampoo
Perfect for a fresh, deep clean scented with hops.
- 1 pint gentle natural dish washing soap
- 1 pint hop water
- 1 pint apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cups hops
- 4 oz. glycerin
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- Infuse water and hops in a jar for at least an hour.
- Mix all of the ingredients together and put in a bottle.
- Grab your pup and suds up. Rinse thoroughly.
Natural Dry Shampoo
For continuous upkeep and a quick and easy refresher.
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar powder
- 5 drops of your favorite essential oil *peppermint and lavender are known to repel fleas*
- Jar/container (one with a shaker lid)
- Combine the baking soda, cornstarch, apple cider vinegar and essential oil; stir well.
- Place in a container with a tight lid and shaker top.
- Sprinkle shampoo generously over your dog’s coat and use a soft brush until powder is not longer visible.
Repeat as needed and enjoy a fresh Fido!