Houseplants are not only aesthetically pleasing, they can be beneficial to your home environment as well. House plants help bring a sense of life into a home, and act as natural air purifiers. The houseplants pictured are:
1. Dracaena ‘Hawaiian Sunshine’
2. Aglaonema ‘Tigress’
3. Arboricola ‘Green Mini’
4. Philodendron Panduraform
5. Rubber Tree Ficus ‘Yellow Gem’
These houseplants are very versatile, and can survive in both bright and low light conditions. Following these simple instructions ensure that your plant will live a long, fruitful life.
• Use an organic nitrogen based granular fertilizer once every two to three months.
• Do not over water – all house plants need to dry out for at least 24 hours in between waterings.
• When ‘upshifting,’ do so in small increments to avoid root rot and fungus gnats.
• Using beneficial nematodes in the soil to organically kill any soil dwelling bug can help with fungus gnats and other parasites.
• Buy houseplants that are kept in natural light to ensure the best survival rate for your plant.